Monday 30 March 2015

Playing with Fairies

Bit of a play with my brayer to create the backgrounds and then using some stamps and masks from Clarity Stamp I made some cards that I'm quite pleased with.

To start with I wasn't so sure about the colours, I was trying to go for a darker look but I was worried that the corners were a bit to dark.
Once I'd coloured the main flower in using distress markers I was happier with the result.

Lighter background on this one so it called for lighter fairies and a light main image. So stamped on paper first before stamping on my background. The main image was coloured using water colour pencils they don't show up so well on camera. 

I also really bodged up my first attempt so had to cut the top off, this left a nice piece that just wasn't a good size for putting on a card, but I really liked the colurs in the background So now I have a nice bit of my creativity adorning my craftroom wall. 

My cat decided to wake me up at stupid o'clock on Sunday morning, whilst cursing the wind meaning I couldn't keep my window open so she could come and go as she pleased at stupid o'clock. I hit apon an idea of using the fairy dust as a focal point and build up an image. 
Thus these were born. 

and then this one
Both these were using exactly the same spray stain colours just on different paper, one a coated card  the other just cheap and cheerful white card. I pressed the non coated onto the sprayed coated and it probably lapped up most of the colour. 
Added some stickles to the fairy dust and sentiment to the middle of the circle. 

So yup it was a weekend of playing with fairies. Really want to try and get away from pink and purple and try going a bit darker with them. Thankfully a long weekend is coming up so maybe it'll be time to have a proper play. 




No comments:

Post a Comment